"FungoMan? Oh yeah, it's on my wish list," said one too many baseball coach. We've got good news for such coaches. Today we're sharing the Lindale ISD success story in winning a grant for the local high school's baseball program—for a FungoMan.
Grant To Empower Coaches to Instruct
According to Lindale's local newspaper Tyler Morning Telegraph, the Lindale ISD Education Foundation donated funds to a number of spring 2019 projects including FungoMan.
Lindale High School submitted a compelling argument for their grant:
The purpose of the FungoMan is to gain an advantage on coaching athletes in a closer proximity. By utilizing the FungoMan, which is an automated pitching and fielding machine, coaches will be allowed to direct players and campers with full focus as opposed to coaching and focusing on making a proper hit with their fungo bat. This tool can benefit the Lindale baseball and softball programs, during the school years and for summer camps. (Tyler Morning Telegraph)
Making Every Dollar and Rep Count
We had the pleasure of delivering Lindale's hard earned FungoMan to their facility and graduating seniors. Learn more about the manual mode of FungoMan in the video below.
Strategic Fundraising Resources from Vinay Mullick with UpMetrics & More
Coaches are always looking for resources for their programs. Here's a few great articles offering practical steps towards winning grants and running successful fundraisers for even the smallest school. With the right tools, anyone can gather resources and create opportunities for players:
- Internal Fundraising: Contains tips for winning your AD's advocacy, unique story telling, and importance of data
- External Fundraising: Includes event ideas, and helpful determining questions to consider
- Grant Writing: 9 steps for a super approachable process for grant writing
- Baseball Tomorrow Fund: The Baseball Tomorrow Fund is a grant program under the MLB-MLBPA Youth Development Foundation, a joint initiative of Major League Baseball & the Major League Baseball Players Association to expand the access of youth participation in baseball and softball.
- DonorsChoose: This organization makes it easy for anyone to help a classroom or program in need, moving us closer to a nation where students in every community have the tools and experiences they need for a great education.
Have you found success with other methods worth sharing? Comment below with helpful organizations or tips!